Friday, May 25, 2012

Hinds Feet on High Places


We've actually had two copies of this book sitting in our bookcase for who knows how long, but I never got around to reading it until this last fall when it was recommended to me by my counselor. It's a classic (written in 1955), but I don't think it will ever lose it's relevance. You should know that this isn't just some story about a woman - it's an allegory for the relationship between us and Jesus, and the process by which we are molded (the hardships and joys we experience on earth). I could definitely relate to the character (Much-Afraid) and her journey, but I will say that the allegory got confusing for me at times. Not a book for casual reading, as it can get pretty deep, but definitely a book I would recommend.

~sf

No comments:

Post a Comment